If adoption is a part of your life in any way: birth parent, adoptive parent, hopeful adoptive parent, adoption advocate or professional and would like your blog or website added to my list of links please email me your name and URL. adoptionfyi at gmail dot com

Saturday, May 16, 2009

The Agony of Knowing

I am an advocate for open adoptions. I believe that the heart wrenching pain that accompanies adoption is, at least partially, alleviated through transparency and communication. That said, I had never considered how a health care worker and a friend could also suffer from carrying the weight of such a secret.

Photobucket

Like many adoption stories, this one is bitter sweet. Yes, there was pain and loss, but it was tempered by a sweet reunion. And the weight of secrecy was finally and gratefully lifted.

Adoption in a Small Town ~

The Agony of Knowing….

1 comment:

  1. megan! Good job with your blog, I will deffiantly frequent it :) ALL the adoption info I can get my eyes on is really appriciated :)
    ~Amanda

    ReplyDelete